Monday, August 21, 2006

Coming along well

I've been in Chicago for 25 days now and I'm LOVING it. This really is a great and fun city. Always stuff going on and fun things to do. Why, this wknd was the Chicago Air & Water show. All day you could hear figther jets flying overhead performing crazy spins, tight turns and amazing aero-batics. It was free for all by the way.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch because I was searching for an apartment. One thing that isn't attractive about Chicago is the price of renting :S Originally I wanted to get a 1bdrm, but the area that I was considering (Lincoln Park) is quite popular with young professionals so it's a bit expensive. Yesterday I saw about 5 different apartments (all studios) but didn't find anything that really jumped at me. But today... oh man, today was completely different. I found something!!! A nice studio in a rehabbed vintage building. Basically there's this big trend in Chicago right now to take old buildings (circa 1920) and convert them into nice apartments. I saw the place and immed. knew that I wanted it. I won't move in 'till October so for a few more wks I get to enjoy my kick @ss corp digs. Don't worry, I'll put up pics soon. The view here is really quite spectacular!!!

I'm getting along well here. I've started to meet people and make new friends. Most of the them are from work, but a few outside as well. Pretty much every wknd so far I've been out partying (in moderation of course ;P) and Chicago has a really really good fun nightlife. Any type of venue you want is here. Chill lounge, R&B/Hip-Hop club, blues bar, neighbourhood pub... you name it and it's here! And of course McDonald's galour!!!

I've joined a fall rec. soccer league (which starts in mid-Sept) so I'm sure I'll meet even more ppl that way. And I've joined a "food forum". Basically a group of people that get together once a month and eat @ diff't restaurants in Chicago. So I'll def. meet ppl there whom I have stuff in common with... eating!!!

Well, it's been a long day and I gotta get to work tmrw morning. Asha's coming to visit in a couple of wks, so that should be fun. Talk to ya soon ;)

1 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Hey Arvind! Glad to hear that you're settling in and making new friends. :) I love your birthday reminder - four letters - S-E-X-Y! Have fun, take care and keep posting! *Kiss*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home