Friday, August 04, 2006

The Mothership is coming

Of course I am refering to my parents, but I mean that in the nicest most respectful way :P

It's a long wknd in Canada so my parents decided to mosey on down to Chi-town to make sure I'm still alive and haven't made a pig sty of my apt yet. Boy are they in for a dissapointment!! It should be fun though. I haven't explored much of Chicago yet so it would be a good chance to do that. On the list will probably be:
  • The Magnificent Mile (Can you say new Lacoste polo?)
  • Sears Tower (and maybe Hancock)
  • Navy Pier
  • Generic bus/boat cruise tour
  • Devon St. (Think Gerrard St. in Toronto... I do need my spices after all)
  • Misc.

Last night I had a good time with my friend Leena who took me out for my first REAL night out in Chicago. We went to dinner at a decent thai restaurant and then a nice lounge afterwards. The entire way there we kept listening to this awesome ambient song that she got in Puerto Rico (think Air w/ a bit of down-tempo latin influence). And can anybody tell me what "crunk" rap is? According to her it's the latest thing. I still think The Bee-Gees are new age!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger horn said...

my advice is two-fold (and remember someone old and wise once said, "listen to haran"*)
a) be careful about blogging about work...and
b) don't worry about having just moved. you're from UW! moving is in your blood now. what can it hurt to apply?

ps - when you're driving through Windsor on your way back to T.O.; stop in at my place

*may not have actually been said. ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home