Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Less than 48 hrs to go!!!

And all of a sudden there seems to be a million things to do. Well, the main thing is packing but there's actually more to pack than I realized. Actually, the main reason is that my schedule for tomorrow got thrown off because of the funeral for Jashaan's dad. But as long as I don't dick off then I should be ok.

Now, because I am leaving in a couple of days the family decided to celebrate Rakhi a little early this year. For those of you that don't know Rakhi is the greatest, and oldest, feminist plot of all time!! Sisters tie a little piece of string on their brother's wrist and give them a little sweet and in return the brother gives the sister a gift!!! So you can imagine with 2 sisters and 1 cousin in Winnipeg these are the most expensive strings and sweets I have to get every year :P

I jest. It's actually a wonderful Indian festival celebrating the bond between brothers and sisters and an occasion my family always makes time for.

So for the impatient (ahem, Sarah :P) here are some photos :)

(Note: Unlike most years we did not get all decked out and dressed up for the occasion. I did not even shave. So basically this is the Chahal's at our scrubbiest :D)

Chilling in the back yard with Sheetal (left) and Asha (right)















The mom and her kids
















The fam (Dadi in the centre)















Dev & Sheetal horsing around















My mom and my dad horsing around















Anjali in all her glory





























Some rare moments of bonding b/w Asha and I that doesn't involve McDonald's :P





























Finishing up w/ Sheetal






























See you in Chicago ;)

ps - Congrats to Camilla who started her new job in London on Monday!!! Now you have a place to crash in London :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home