Friday, July 21, 2006

Just one of those weird days...

Well, to be honest it was actually perfectly fine till about 7pm. That's when I went to go visit Jashaan for pooja at his house. As you may recall, Jashaan's father passed away a couple of days ago so the family is hosting poojas everynight till the funeral next week.

Anyways, it was just such a weird eerie feeling being there. As soon as I stepped into the house... silence. Complete uter silence. There were some other family friends there but they weren't saying a word. Everybody just staring at the ground. Jashaan was doing... well he was doing as well as could be expected considering the circumstances. I sat outside with him for about 15 mins, just listening to him and letting him talk. He for sure was trying to fight back the tears at time. I can't even imagine what he's going through right now. It was just such a weird mind trip being there.

As I was driving back home though, and contemplating life and death and how to deal with it, I was stopped at a red turning light when all of a sudden my car is jolted violently forward. Turns out the driver behind me had his foot slip off the brake and he banged right into me. Now this wasn't just any ol' car this was a Coca-Cola delivery truck... like a big beast!!! :S Luckily he hadn't been accelerating his foot just slipped off the brake so as far as I can tell (for now) there are only minor scratches and paint scraps to the rear fender, although my neck and head do hurt a little. Hello whiplash!!!

Now, when I got home I got a call from an old friend who is now a hair dresser. Earlier in the day we had spoke and I made an appt. w/ her to get my hair touched up before I go to Chicago. But she called me after I got home and said we'd have to re-schedule.... cuz she got fired!!! It's actually not her fault, really. She was in a pretty bad car accident a little while back and so has been working reduced hours because of it, but she was fired because she wasn't 'bringing in enough money' :S Anyways, I told her we will still meet up on Tuesday and she even offered to cut my hair at her house :D

So, all in all... just one of my weirder days..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home