Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The realities of life....

Yesterday afternoon I found out that the dad of my good high school friend (Jashaan) passed away due to complications from a freak car accident. Firstly, my most heart-felt and sincere sympathies for you and your family Jashaan. I can't even imagine all the pain and sadness that you are feeling right now with your loss. But I know that you have enough strength of character to face the tough road ahead.

It was really weird learning about that though. Here's a good friend of mine, one that I grew up with and have known since I was 9yrs old, and all of a sudden his dad has passed away :( The sad thing is that every day there is always the chance of that freak accident occuring, or bad health catching up with you or any set of circumstances occuring which can change your life forever.

I've never really thought about (God forbid) my parents passing away. They've just always been there. And I can't imagine it any other way. But after hearing the news of Jashaan's dad I guess it just sort of hit me that the reality is that any day they could be gone. You know, I think I fear that more than my own death.

Especially, because I'm moving to Chicago I have to be more vigilant about ensuring they're living a healthy lifestyle, spending time with them and learning all their secret recipes!!! Because all of a sudden, unexpectedly one day I know I'm going to have to make those dreaded phone calls...

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Rohit said...

I've never really thought about this either yaar. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's Dad, I hope your buddy is doin alright.

I don't really expect that pointing to glossy magazine articles makes anyone feel much better, but for what it's worth - I found this to be a good related read.

Stay strong :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home