Monday, August 28, 2006

Belated Happy Bday Rohit

And of course if it's Rohit's bday that can only mean one thing. It's mine as well!! That's right another year has gone by filled with tons of travelling, a little bit of partying, not much learning but tons of arventures :)

Well I'm the big 2-3 now. Even though my bday was yesterday the celebrations actually started early on Thursday afternoon when I got a nice present courtesy of Camilla.



Thx Camilla :)

At the risk of sounding slightly pretentious I have to admit that I've always enjoyed my birthday. Not so much because it's a day where you get a million happy bday wishes (thx everybody!!), but more so because cuz it's a chance to reflect on how my life has changed in one year.

Last year I was about to start my fourth and final year of university @ Waterloo not having a clue what I was going to be doing after graduation. This year I'm settling into a great job that i hope to stay in for at least a few years.

Last year I celebrated my birthday in Toronto with all my good friends. This year I celebrated in Chicago with people I barely know and only met a month ago (with the exception of Aliya, Karam and HenKo of course!!)

Last year I was in an amazing relationship with the perfect girl but she was half way across the world. This year my grandmother bugs me every day wondering when I'm going to find someone.

Last year I was just starting to understand the impact that my exchange in Singapore had on my life. This year I'm just starting to understand the impact that my backpacking tour in Europe had on my life.

Last year I weighed about 160lbs. This year... well I don't really want to know.

Some changes are good, some changes are bad. But either way things are always changing; one day at a time, one year at a time, one person at a time. I wonder where I'll be celebrating my bday next year?

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice cubical

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger DannyB said...

Lets do Vegas! Or TO.. YEHAWW!

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arvind:Your dadi wants you to :
http://www.jatland.com/mt/detail.php?id=251

 

Post a Comment

<< Home