Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Hong Kong

So you thought I was done 'eh :P.... Well not quite. There was actually one quick trip after Singapore. My return flight was on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. Cathay is such a fantastic airline they let me stop over in HK for a couple of days for no extra charge :D And who am I to say no to anything that is free ;)

Anyways, HK airport is pretty nice and is actually buitl on an island!!!


So after clearing customs and putting my luggage in left luggage I headed to the city. I checked into a guesthouse in the area of Kowloon. Luckily my guesthouse was really close to the pier where one can see the AMAZING skyline on Hong Kong island.




This is Spencer. Spencer was staying at the same guesthouse as I.


Afterwards Spencer and I walked along the pier which has now become HK's Walk of Stars (think Hollywood Walk of Fame).


HK is a VERY bright city. Lots of life and ver vibrant. My guesthouse was along Natahan Rd. which has alot of shopping along it. Here's a couple of pics at night.




The next day I walked around and explored again. I ended up at a market... it was like Chinatown within a Chinese town :P




HK has some pretty good food, so I decided to try some. I don't know what I ate though :P


Next I ended up at the Goldfish market where there are a number of stores that sell goldfish (and other ass'td fish). Kind of cool.


And then from there it was the flower market. Guess what they sell there...


And right beside the flower market a bird market.


Next I went to HK island with the intent of going up to Victoria Peak (to get a bird's eye view of the city). Unfort. it was pretty foggy that day so I didn't get a chance :( But I did get some good photos from the ferry.




HK Financial District has some pretty cool buildings. This is the HSBC building.

Bank of China building.


HSBC again.


HK also has some funn signs.



I guess nature better have call waiting.

The world's longest escalator is on HK island. But man was that thing hard to find!!! Ended up going through the botanical gardens though.


and learning who the real enemy is...


But finally the escalator was found.


And so was a little reminder of home :)


Next we went to a temple, simply for the sake of going cuz it was close. But they had alot of insense there...


Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this?

Nothing you say... are you sure???

Just outside my guesthouse. Actually alot of HK was like this.


Anyways, HK was a really cool city. Lots of life and energy. But after spending 4mnths in SE Asia it was a little pricey :S Bt it is definately a shoppers paradise. Any designer brand you can think of has a store there. Hopefully one day I'll go back... w/ money ;)

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...toronto dinosaur...you should have bought a few of those lol

thats hilarious

vikas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home