Sunday, March 06, 2005

With new arventures comes new friends

One of the many things I was most excited about before I came on my exchange was the chance to meet some new people, and so far I haven't been let down. I believe there are aprox. 500 exchange students at NUS right now from all over the world. There are students from Germany, Sweden, UK, China, USA, Canada, Spain... everywhere :D I haven't met all of them but I've probably met ALOT of them at least once. Unfortunately I am TERRIBLE with names so I don't remember everybody's name right off the bat but I am getting better. Anyways, so I thought I would post some photos of some of the people that I have met here and that I usually hang out with.



(From L-R) Tim (Australia), Kiran, Ira, Meera and Gaya (all 3 from Canada). Funny story about Gaya. My friend Haran is in Sri Lanka right now making the world a better place. Before Gaya came over to Singapore she headed to Sri Lanka to help out in some communities where she happened to meet Haran. Haran told her that I am in Singapore and gave her my contact and website. So one day she runs into me in the library and introduces herself. Haran had already told me about her so I wasn't completely surprised. Then she just happens to mentions her full name, Gayanthini. The name sounded familiar to me. All of a sudden I realize that I am talking to the same girl that Kiran saw one day and thought she recognized as a girl from her old high school!!! Small world 'eh.



(L-R) Sheldon, Sonia, Shan, Lok (all 4 from Canada) and Carol (Germany)


Jeanine from Penn State


(L-R) Jas(sp??) from NY, Robin (from McGill), Ira, Gaya, Meera, Sonia and Kiran


Brown Man from Canada


Nathan (from North Carolina) and Julia


Shirley, Kiran, Tristan and Aruni. The 3 of them are from Australia.

I've met alot more people, all of whom are great, but this is just a sample of some of the people I see on a more regular basis. What I really like about all the exchange students is the fact that all of them are pretty sociable people who are quite willing to try new things and are always looking for a fun time. After all isn't that the definition of an exchange :)

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Rohit said...

Whoever's in the back of this picture has the right idea.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really AM getting tan...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home