Saturday, February 05, 2005

Thaipusam

Last Tuesday (Jan. 25th) was the Hindu festival of Thaipusam. I believe it is more of a South Indian festival because I have never heard of it before in Canada. Neither has my dad so I'm in the clear :P

Anyways, because there is a large Tamil population here in Singapore there were big celebrations in Little India. A couple of friends and I went to check it out. Let me tell you, Thaipusam is not a festival for the queezy. Basically the devotees pierce every imaginable part of their body with long needles to display their strong faith to Lord Murugan. And then they go walking down the street, sometimes bouncing up and down!!!!!! Talk about a scary episode of Fear Factor.

We saw at at least 10-15 ppl 'showing their faith' and we were there for only about an hour or so. The piercings go on all day 'till late at night!!! Here are some quick photos that I shot.












(Somebody has to pull this one with hooks in their back)

6 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Rohit said...

I don't why, but I think this picture rocks :)

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
the blog is grate

gusse who

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Tamil guy wants to steal your camera :(

Gandhi

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger shmelody said...

your fans are getting impatient
we demand MORE!

hahaha j/k
hope you had a good lunar new year and valentine's!
yippeee!

-mel

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Rohit said...

Still no updates in two weeks?! Somebody gonna getta hurt REAL bad...

In case the rest of Tuffy's fans are going nuts too, let's take a flashback to Arvind before the Arventure. I call it: Portrait of a Brown Man in Rainforest Cafe.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mr.Brown Man from Manitoba I was going through your arventure. It is really nice to see you eating all the prosperity burgers.
You look like Shon Majinder Jr from Canada. Wish you all the best
from Uncle Joe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home