Sunday, April 23, 2006

Off in a couple of days

Ok, I know it has been a while since I've posted... 4 months to be exact. I think that's a new record for me!!! But I was quite busy with "school work" in the final semester of my undergrad so I didn't get too many opportunities. And when I did I usually took a "break" ;)

But alas, undergrad is over :( I have to say I had an AMAZING undergrad experience. 4.5 yrs ago I left Winnipeg not knowing what I was getting myself into. I was scared to be moving away from home, my family, my friends.... my entire comfort zone. And things weren't easy at first either. My marks in first year plummeted, I had absolutely no luck finding a decent co-op position (I ended up volunteering for my first one) and I had very few friends in my first year (apparently there are very few white-washed Indians @ Waterloo :P). But I was still enjoying it. I was enjoying what I was learning @ Waterloo, I was enjoying the lifestyle I was leading and I knew I was surrounded by good people who were going to push me to acheive my potential.

Well, 4.5 yrs later I hope I can say I acheived some sort of potential. For me, one of the greatest realizations has been that the world is a pretty big place; and I don't mean that in a physical sense. There are so many opportunities out there for... well everything!! To learn, to travel, to make new friends, to love... these are all things that I have done in only 4.5 yrs and yet I feel like I'm on the vanguard (thx for the vocab Aasthaa :P) of so much more.

I've realized that life is a series of Arventures... some macro and some micro. Going to university was a macro-Arventure. It was made up of a number of micro-Arventures, like Bomber Wednesdays, an exchange to Singapore, 6 co-op semesters, trying to secure a full-time job, living in a house with your best-mates and have them become like a second family. University isn't about going to school to learn how to solve equations, or memorize anatomy or study great works of Western Literature... university is about living a series of Arventures, enjoying them for what they are worth (whether they be up or down) and then moving along. I don't know if I'm completely ready to move on yet from my university Arventure but I'll have to.

But that doesn't mean I can't go down in a blaze of glory... on another continent!!! So pack your bags and saddle up your horses boys & girls 'cuz it's time for another Arventure... EURO STYLE ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home