Friday, November 11, 2005

Finding a job

So I just applied to Morgan Stanley UK. I know it's a bit of a long shot. I'm from Canada and will be up against like a million students from Europe. They really have no reason to bother with my application. Except one reason... I'm a Gentleman and a Scholar ;) And you know what, IT'S WORTH IT. Sometimes if you really want something you have to just keep plugging away at it until after all your hard work, all your time, all your effort finally pays off.

But these European applications take soooo much time. They ask so many questions on the application like, "What skills and personality traits do you have that would be a benefit", "Why are you interested in the Fixed Income Division", etc. I'd expect those in the interview :S

For the 'describe a challenge you faced' question I supplied my back-packing through Cambodia in the back of a pick-up truck story!!! For the 'describe a team situation' question I told them the 'Went to Koh Phangan and missed the train' story.

Typical? No. Risky? Perhaps. Eye-catching? HELL YAH!!! I figure the only way I'll have a shot is by really grabbing their attention and making them believe I'd be interesting to at least interview. And the only way to do that is to lie... errr, tell good stories :P

On a more musical note (no pun intended) I've started listening to Postal-Service. I like their stuff. In fact over the past year my music taste has really changed quite a bit. I'm into house/ambient a lot more (listen to Kaskade, Prem Joshua and Tories). And indie-rock is kind of cool as well. Just a lot more innvigorating than the usual synthesized hip-pop crap that's usually pushed on radio-waves. I guess every mainstream music genre goes through that (Disco anybody??) Tomorrow I'll try and put up some photos from the latest GQ session ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home