Friday, November 04, 2005

Diwali 2005

Firstly, HAPPY DIWALI!!!! I know it's a copule of days late, but better late then never :) I wish you all a safe, happy and prosperous New Year.

I went up to Toronto on the wknd to celebrate Diwali with my family, but one should still do something a little special on the actual day of if you can. And oh boy, did I have a special Diwali ;)

My two friends (Ankur and Aasthaa) and I wanted to go to the mandir (temple) to do pooja and see the fireworks. Unfortunately when we got there everything was done :( Is 9:45pm really that late???

No fear, for if you can't go to Diwali then make Diwali come to you!!! We went back to my place to do pooja only to find out that none of us had any murhthis. But Rohit did!!! Lucky for us he was back home in Toronto ;) All he had though was Ganesh and Hanuman. And on Diwali you should do arati to Lakshmi. When the going gets tough... tuffy gets going!!!

Using my wild imagination and wily resourcefulness I found a picture of Lakshmi on the internet and placed it on my laptop. That's right people, I have advanced Hinduism to the 21st century by performing arati to my laptop!!!!





I then downloaded an mp3 of Om Jai Jagdish and we sang along. But why stop there??? I found the lyrics and placed them beside the picture of Lakshmi. Look closely at the pictures above and you can probabaly see them :P

All in all we had a good Diwali, and definately one to remember!!


4 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Rohit said...

Wish I coulda been there for the bhajans ;)

Happy Diwali!

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what no bathing in the gangees?? ;)
Eid Mubarak babes...(ahem)

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u did pooja to your computer hahahahaha i mean aaaaaaawwwwwwww i feel soo sorry for but it must of been fun to do pooja to your computer i wish i was there


from ______

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you Raju


love Mama and Papa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home